| Typical Products in Florence, Italy
Florentine bakers make various kinds of bread ranging from the traditional Tuscan (unsalted) kind to the ubiquitous pizza. Well worth trying are the local schiacciata (flat bread, drizzled with oil) and pandiramerino (flavoured with rosemary). Traditional specialities also appear according to the season: in Autumn there is schiacciata all'uva
(filled with a grape jam) and castagnaccio (made with sweet chestnut flour); at Christmas time there are cavallucci and ricciarelli (made with dried fruits) - really of Sienese origin, but popular in Florence; at carneval time there are schiaccata alla fiorentina (lemon sponge cake) and cenci (fritters); for Saint Joseph's day
(19th March), frittelle (small fried rice cakes), and during the Easter period quaresimali (lenten cakes).
- Il Forno, Via San Gallo 147r
- Pane e focacce, Via de' Macci 65r
- Panetteria, Via de' Neri 5r
- Panificio, Via della Spada 39r
- Panificio Chiappi, Borgo la Croce 43-45r
- Sartoni, Via de' Cerchi 34r
- Quattrocchi, Via Santa Monica 3r
- Il Fornaio di Galli, Via Matteo Palmieri 24r and Via Faenza 39r.